In Episode #71 of the Joy Joya Jewelry Marketing Podcast, I interview Mayumi Ishii, the exclusive U.S. distributor of Chrysmela, which makes and sells the most secure earring back in the world. Since it was launched in 2008, the proven technology has been patented in five countries: the US, UK, France, Italy and Japan, where the brand has dominated the entire jewelry category for a few years.
In this episode, we talk about what it’s like to introduce a disruptive new jewelry product into an industry that’s based on long-standing tradition. Some other topics include:
– The goals Mayumi had for Chrysmela when she introduced the brand to the US market
– How the brand differentiates itself from competitors
– How Chrysmela brings glamour and a luxury feel to a kind-of-boring category
– How to adjust the approach to marketing and sales for both B2B and D2C audiences
– The marketing and public relations tactics that have yielded the most success